HHS Athletic Sport

HHS Athletic Sports 2024 – Blog reflection

I participated in these events 

• Long Jump
  • High Jump
  • Triple Jump
  • Shot Put
  • Sprints
  • Long Distance Running

Results :

• Long Distance Running (4.5 laps)
  • Shot Putt 6.1 m
  • Long jump 3.5m

The activity that I missed was Discus and Javelin.

The weather was raining for the Hornby Athletics Event which got cancelled for two days because of weather conditions.

I felt good when I did Discus because it’s my favourite event and I like the process of throwing and spinning the Discus plate.

Something/someone that surprised me was in high jump because my friend managed to get the highest bar by still doing a scissors kick instead of a frosby flop. 

My friend Nathan did well in Long Distance Running and High Jump because he reached above the benchmark which was amazing for him. To be honest he was the best in all of the events.

One thing that I could have done was to get 5 laps in Long Distance Running in 12 minutes because I was really close to achieving my goal because I ran 4.5 laps after the 12 minute timer was up  

The highlight of my day was doing the Athletics events with my friends and having a great time with them. 

Next year I hope to get better statistics  from this year’s event to show my improvement. 

One thought on “HHS Athletic Sport

1. Kia ora Renz
    Thank you for writing a fantastic recount of athletics this term. You are a brilliant writer and are very complementary to your friends which is cool.
    I like that you have a goal for your discus and I hope that you will achieve this next year.
    Keep training for the 12 minute run as we will be doing this again next term and I’m sure you will get 5 laps.
    Keep up the awesome mahi.
    Mrs Hastie